Wednesday, November 11, 2009

In-Class Assignment for Wednesday PLUS Homework for Thursday

Hope you are having a good day. Today is a computer lab day. Your in-class assignments are as follows. Anything you don't finish will become homework, due Thursday at the beginning of class.

1. For those of you who have not written your 10 questions for the interview tomorrow with the Palm Beach Atlantic rep, please write those.

2. Please do assignment #4 Task 3 (2 sheets -- pages 26-27) from the handouts given in class yesterday. If you cannot find the sheet, click on the link below. You can also find the sheet on engrade. (Sorry about the quality: I photographed the sheet with my digital camera.)

Note the following:

  • Post the story on your blog.

  • You are to compile a newspaper report based on the interview information given.

  • Tell the story and fit the quotes into the story. Don't use everything that each person said since some of it is repetitive.

  • Begin the story with straightforward reporting--e.g., Two boys were saved from drowning yesterday when a passer-by jumped into the sea and dragged them to safety.

  • Write at least 300 words.

  • Give it a good headline.


3. Read Marino Mission chapter 14.

4. Some of you have not finished the essay (25 minute) from SAT Test 3. The prompt is also listed below in the previous blog, is available on engrade, and is in the big blue book. If you did but didn't post it on-line on your blog, please type it up so I can read it.

5. Check engrade to see what assignments you have missing. Anything listed with a missing in bold, I don't have. If the line is blank, either the assignment has not yet been given or I am still grading it. The quarter ends on Friday, so all assignments must be turned in by class time that day. I will drop the lowest grades in each section.

I'm at home, grading papers and writing curriculum for my classes. See you tomorrow. Greet Miss McDonald for me.

-- Mrs. S.

No comments: