GRANDMOTHER ATTACKED; 1 DEAD
A bed-ridden granny, 91, was savagely attacked by a wolf at an isolated cottage in the woods.Mrs. Gran E. Hood (pictured) lives alone in an impoverished one-room cottage in Dark Woods. Last Saturday morning, Mrs. Hood, 91, was waiting for her granddaughter Red Riding Hood, 10, to bring her weekly groceries.
Bed-ridden and suffering from arthritis, the unsuspecting Gran E. Hood called out for the visitor at the door to enter. Unfortunately, this was neither a hospitable call nor Red. Mrs. Hood was attacked savagely and eaten by a vicious wolf. The attacker then craftily donned one of Mrs. Hood’s nightgowns and posed as the frail, stooped grandmother.
“When I arrived, I was immediately suspicious,” reported Red. “Gran simply did not look right, and I was unsatisfied with her responses.” Without warning, the beast leaped from the bed and chased the young girl around the cottage. “I screamed and made quite a ruckus.”
The noise was heard by a passing huntsman, John Deere.
“I was shocked to find a child in the jaws of a vicious wolf, dressed in pajamas. I killed the wolf with an axe,” said Deere. Fortunately, the wolf had swallowed Gran E. Hood whole, so she was easily rescued from the wolf’s stomach by Mr. Deere.
“What a frightening experience! The county commissioners should buy me a front-door intercom system. I’ve paid my taxes, but where are my benefits?” the rescued victim asked. “One never knows who—or what--might come through the door.”
---------
text (c) pjfs 2008.
photo: source unknown.
THINK THROUGH THESE QUESTIONS:
- Have I answered the 5 W's?
- Towards whom am I biased? What "loaded" words have I used that indicate my viewpoint? To make the article more objective, how would I have to adjust it?
- What does my lead paragraph emphasize?
- TOTAL: 249 WORDS. If you were the editor and had to cut the article to 200 words, what would you cut?
------------------
ASSIGNMENT DUE FRIDAY 9 Oct. 09 : NOW IT'S YOUR TURN! Take one of the leads you wrote in class and write your 250-word news story. NOTE: No more than 250! Post your story on-line.
-- Mrs. S.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment